Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mind your own please

Since my two oldest girls started school, there is the expectation amongst family and friends and other well meaning folk that my youngest will be going soon too.
"So Brownyn, when do you start?"
"It will be your turn next sweetie."
Why? Why do people keep doing this?
It's not helpful because it puts us all in defensive mode- me feeling under attack about our homeschooling practices and the concerned person feeling like they have to convince me school is good.
Of course the worst off is the child- caught in between the two. How does it make her feel? Confused; ""Mum is homeschooling me. Other people are basically saying she is wrong. Schooling is right."
It's not a good place to be. I think people ought to mind their own business.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...