Wednesday, October 05, 2011

What am I doing to get there?



Here's an example of how a self-directed kid not only identifies her dreams, but acts responsibly by taking steps to realize those dreams.
My daughter (age 12) sat down one morning and on her own accord wrote up her goals and what she is doing to get there.

She identified who is helping her and what kind of support she needs in areas that are lacking the support. I've reproduced the original list here.

Soccer-What am I doing so far to get there?
Trying out for rep soccer. 
Things to help me get into the rep; Practice everyday.

Singing: I sing a lot. Things to help me get there; take singing lessons.

Dog Training:What am I doing to get there so far? Fostering dogs. I have been picked out by someone who trains dogs and she says I'm very good with them. She wants to show me how to train them. She will even pick me up.

Modelling/acting
I'm getting an agent. Ideas to help me get there: Practice my smile and rock the auditions.

Ethology: What am I doing to get here so far? Nothing. Ideas to help me get there -study animal books and movies.

Writing: what am I doing to get there so far? I wrote a story for the power of the pen competition. Ideas to help me get there: Keep writing and then try to get a book out.

1 comment:

Learning With Passion said...

What inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...